Saturday, May 24, 2008

Have any of you seen Madagascar?




Have any of you seen Madagascar? Well, I haven't, but I am sure I am just like the giraffe. In the previews he says "Ahhh! Nature, it's all over me!!!!! Get it off!!!!" Well, today Dwain and I went to Mt. Magazine for a bit of hiking and fun in the sun to cure our cabin fever (and in an effort to do what Dwain enjoys.... the outdoors....) Well, we got there and there were some beautiful views right away. It was magical! What a wonderful moment to enjoy God's creation..... But it only lasted a moment before the knats were swarming in my ear and the ticks were crawling all over me, and I was tripping over rocks that somehow got planted in the ground (who plants rocks anyway?!?) We went on a trail that was 2.8 miles one way (and for some reason it didn't loop back. Grrr!) So about a hour in we (and by we, I mean I) decided I had had enough nature and proceeded to beg Dwain to go home. He complied because he is wonderful and we made record time going back to the car. Awwwww.... How beautiful the car looked after all the bugs.

Oh and when we got home we proceed to pull ticks off Cole, Dwain and me for 30 minutes..... I really hate bugs!

So we had an adventurous day......

I believe I will end this post with the same quote I started it with, "Ahhhh! Nature!!!! It's all over me, get it off!!!!"




Amanda

No comments: